** Please use the following address for posting membership forms whilst we are in the process of producing the 2019 forms: Walnut Farm, Beaworthy, Devon EX21 5XU
*** We are in the process of handing over to a new Membership Secretary and apologise in advance for any slight delays in processing membership applications / renewals or any queries over the next few weeks.
THE MPBA – Why you should join
Insurance: the MPBA provides third party insurance for paid up members. The MPBA endeavours to ensure that safety for competitors, officials, and the general public is paramount at all times.
Competition: The MPBA supports domestic Clubs arranging competitions together with assisting teams and individuals wishing to compete in World Championship events. There is a full programme of events for all classes held throughout the country. These events are listed in the MPBA Yearbook, which is supplied to every member and on the website Events page.
Publications: A Yearbook and a half yearly newsletter (Propwash) help to keep members informed and entertained.
MPBA Website: A content-rich website, with the latest news from around the sections, the most up-to-date and fully interactive model boating event calendar on the web. The most comprehensive and far-reaching club/venue listing available anywhere. Features exclusively for members.
Representation: The MPBA represents members’ interests on the various bodies concerned with modelling in the UK such as the Sport and Recreation Alliance.
Affiliation: The MPBA is a member of NAVIGA and iMBRA (FSR), the bodies controlling model boating throughout the world. Each holds World Championships for all Sections at regular intervals. The MPBA has traditionally attended these competitions and has World Champions in most events.
The various MPBA Sections cover all types of model boating:
- Scale Models – both Electric and Steam Driven
- Multi Models – Submerged drive i.c. powered racing craft racing a M course
- Hydro Models – Tethered i.c. and Steam Models
- Fast Electric Models – Radio controlled Electric Racing Craft
- Club 500 Models – Radio controlled entry-level low cost Electric Racing Craft
- Circuit Racing Models – Surface piercing r/c controlled i.c. Models racing an oval course
- Straight Running Models – Any powered craft for Straight Running Competition
- Non Competitive Boating – any event without a judging element
JOINING and FEES *** FROZEN FOR 2018 ***
There are two routes to membership, the normal being via an affiliated club the alternative being directly to the MPBA via the Countrywide Club.
Affiliated Clubs: Please download Membership Form HERE This form can be used to list both renewals and new members.
Countrywide Membership (Joining MPBA directly as an individual): Please download the Membership Leaflet HERE
The following Membership Categories with related Tariffs are current for year 2017. Membership runs from January 1st to December 31st of each year.
- Affiliated Club Membership £20.00 (Open to all members of the Affiliated Club)
- Countrywide Membership £20.00 (For the independent Modeller or Non-Affiliiated Club Member)
- Junior Membership £10.00 (Under the age of 18 years at any time during the Membership Year)
- Senior Citizen Membership £15.00 (60 and over) (60th birthday before the beginning of the Membership year)
- Disabled Citizen Membership £15.00
- Non Boating Member £10.00
- Family Membership 25% discount for all applicants living at the same address, only one Yearbook will be issued.
Any membership queries can be addressed to Mr. Peter Hanington the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org