2024 Affiliated Club Membership Form
2024 Individual Membership Form
***NEW*** Individuals not joining through a club can now do so Online
JOINING and FEES *** FROZEN FOR 2024 ***
MPBA membership – Why you should join
the MPBA provides third party insurance for paid up members. By providing insurance, The MPBA endeavours to ensure that safety for competitors, officials, and the general public is paramount at all times.
The MPBA supports domestic Clubs arranging competitions together with assisting teams and individuals wishing to compete in World Championship events. For example, there is a full programme of events for all classes held throughout the country. These events are listed in the MPBA Yearbook and on the website Events page.
A Yearbook and a half yearly newsletter (Propwash) for example, help to keep members informed and entertained.
MPBA Website: Example content includes a content-rich website, with the latest news from around the sections, the most up-to-date and fully interactive model boating event calendar on the web. The most comprehensive and far-reaching club/venue listing available anywhere. Features exclusively for members.
The MPBA represents members’ interests on the various bodies concerned with modelling in the UK.
The MPBA is a member of NAVIGA and iMBRA (FSR), the bodies controlling model boating throughout the world. Each holds World Championships for all Sections at regular intervals. The MPBA has traditionally attended these competitions and has World Champions in most events.
The various MPBA Sections cover all types of model boating. For example:
- Scale Models – both Electric and Steam Driven
- Multi Models – Submerged drive i.c. powered racing craft racing a M course
- Hydro Models – Tethered i.c. and Steam Models
- Fast Electric Models – Radio controlled Electric Racing Craft
- Club 500 Models – Radio controlled entry-level low cost Electric Racing Craft
- Circuit Racing Models – Surface piercing r/c controlled i.c. Models racing an oval course
- Straight Running Models – Any powered craft for Straight Running Competition
- Non Competitive Boating – any event without a judging element
Any membership queries can be addressed to Linda Buonaiuto at firstname.lastname@example.org