Circuit Racing / FSR-O / FSR-H
Circuit Racing originated in the USA during the 1960’s, it has only appeared in the UK since 1991. Two types of craft are raced, Monohulls and Hydroplanes. All boats within this Section employ a surface piercing propeller drive system producing the characteristic rooster tail which is a hallmark of this type of model boat racing.
Racing takes place on an oval course 120 metres long by 20 metres wide and navigated in a clockwise direction.
A typical days racing would start with ‘booking in’ at 09:00 with racing starting at 10:00. Generally consisting of four heats per class, and each heat consisting of three phases.
- Phase 1: ‘Pit Time’ during which time the engine can be started and the boat launched, navigating the course in a clockwise direction. Phase 1 lasts for two minutes.
- Phase 2: ‘Milling Time’ this phase lasts for 30 seconds, the idea being to position your boat to cross the start line as close to the end of milling time as possible to gain the best start.
- Phase 3: ‘Race Time’ where all eight boats race against each other to complete the required number of laps first.
Points are awarded for each race position, 1st place is awarded 400 points down to 25 points for a race start but did not finish. At the end of the Race Day, Points are added for each Class to obtain overall positions.
When racing at an MPBA Circuit Section Event, the internationally recognised iMBRA Rules are applied. All MPBA Members are eligible to race at an event.
A full list of events is published in the MPBA Yearbook and updates in Propwash and online. If you have any questions or require more information about this ever growing section of model boating, please feel free to contact us and we will be only too pleased to help.
The Rules for Circuit Racing can be downloaded in PDF Format :
July 2022 Rules
Nothing from 2nd December 2023 to 1st March 2024.
Recent Circuit Posts
- Mick Fields 5th October 2022
- Elmbridge Circuit 20220918 21st September 2022
- Elmbridge Circuit 20220710 18th July 2022
- Elmbridge Circuit Nationals 20220612 21st June 2022
- Elmbridge Circuit 20220508 10th May 2022
- Elmbridge Circuit 20220410 13th April 2022
- 2021 Circuit Review 4th December 2021
- Elmbridge Charity Event 4th December 2021
- MPBA 2021 Multi Masters Circuit Nationals 13th September 2021
- MPBA GB Masters Circuit Nationals 25th June 2019