The M.P.B.A. are urgently looking for someone to fill the roll of General Treasurer. This position MUST be filled by September 2019. A laptop will be provided and full training and support wll be given. If interested please contact the General Secretary. email@example.com
Being treasurer of the MPBA is a great honour, and a great responsibility. The main duties of a treasurer are to oversee the financial administration of the organisation, review procedures and financial reporting. You also need to be aware of any risks that may arise.
- Keeping up-to-date records as well as an audit trail for all transactions using spreadsheets and Sage 50.
- Do the any banking such as depositing cash and cheques, paying the bills and tracking income and expenditure throughout the year.
- Completion of spreadsheets and reconciliation of the accounts monthly and produce final year end accounts for the accountants.
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Prepare and present the accounts and Treasurers report at the annual general meeting (AGM).
- Attend NEC meetings which are unusually held twice a year
Qualities and Skills Preferred
- Experience of financial control and accounting.
- Competent use of systems which include Microsoft Office, Sage 50 and on-line banking
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to be contacted on an ad hoc basis.
- Time Commitment: The Treasurer role requires an estimated commitment average of: approx. 5 hours per month